Sunday, March 18, 2012

This guy likes me

...Or at least, he likes my books. Or at least, he seems to like the first three. Cool!

I don't know who this gentleman is, but he seems to be a pastor of some sort.  His name is David O. Taylor and in this clip, he is giving book and movie recommendations to people who, I believe, are pastors themselves. He reommends the movie Magnolia, and he also puts in a lengthy and very encouraging word for my first three books. Thanks, David--it's appreciated.

I like what he has to say about my stuff--it's all nice, why wouldn't I like it? He  seems like a good-natured guy who has the best interest of people at heart.

Big shout-out to my Goodreads buddy Brian, down there in Birmingham, AL, who tipped me off to this clip. Thanks Brian! 

I continue to be bemused and intrigued by the response of self-identified Christians to my novels. Many, like David and Brian, seem to have generally positive responses and see the books as opening up new ways of understanding or at least thinking about these old stories. But there are plenty of other people--just read my Amazon reviews--who seem to find me an offensive piece of offal for precisely the same reasons. I have no great insight to draw from this, other than, "People sure are funny, huh?"

Here's a link to the video, or you can watch the tiny version below:

No comments:

Post a Comment